VACANCY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
(Temporary in the first instance)
Bingley Town Council wishes to expand its office team by recruiting an administrative officer for 15 hours per week. This will include some evening work and occasional weekend work.
The role of the Administrative Officer will primarily be:
- To respond to general enquiries from and provide a customer service to members of the public
- To maintain all administrative aspects of the Town Council’s allotments
- To administer the Town Council’s monthly market
- To manage the Council’s communications, social media and website
- Filing and archiving in the Council’s office.
- To provide administrative support to the Town Clerk.
- To work closely with Administrative Officer already in post
- To assist with the organisation and coordination of functions or events.
We will also include other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the Council. The job is varied with no two days being the same.
The successful applicant will have good communication and literacy skills as well as a good IT skill set, as they will be interacting with the public, councillors and other organisations in both verbal and written formats. The administrative officer needs to be organised, flexible and able to show initiative when required in what is likely to be an emerging role.
Training will be provided to the post-holder, with opportunities for continuing their professional development in multiple areas.
The 15 hours will be agreed with the successful applicant between 8.30am and 4.30pm mainly, but with some evening work and occasional weekend work, paid monthly in accordance with Local Government NJC salary point 10, which is £11.08 per hour.
How to apply
The application pack, including an application form and a full job description and person specification, is available from the Job Vacancies section on the Town Council’s website www.bingleytowncouncil.gov.uk/documents
Applications should be sent to the Town Clerk, Ms Ruth Batterley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective candidates are welcome to call (Tel: 07703 188660) to discuss the post or seek additional information, including the job description and person specification, prior to submitting an application.
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th October 9.00 am
Interview date: Thursday 15th October.