The government has issued updated guidance on social distancing and trading, including shops offering pick-up or delivery services and tradespeople working in people’s homes.
A summary (from Bradford Council) of the guidance on the running of a pick-up or delivery service from shops is as follows:
• Shops should ensure no orders are taken in person on the premises.
• Shops should only take orders online or by telephone and communicate this to customers by clear signage in store and online.
• Where customers are collecting items, they should have staggered collection times.
• Where queuing is taking place, a queue management system should be in place to maintain a safe distance.
• No goods or food should be physically handed over to the customer.
The full guidance is at the following link: