New government guidance for Safer Travel and Safer Transport Operations
New guidance for passengers on how to travel safely provides advice on how passengers should make journeys safely. The advice sets out that if people who cannot work from home and have to travel for work, they should first consider alternatives to public transport.
Those driving their own cars have been asked to avoid busy areas.
For those who have to use public transport, the guidance recommends:
• Keeping 2 metres apart wherever possible
• Wearing a face covering if you can
• Using contactless payment where possible
• Avoiding rush hour travel where feasible
• Washing or sanitising your hands as soon as possible before and after travel
• Following advice from staff and being considerate to others.